Oct 22, 2017
The graduate program in Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) at Eastern Michigan University engages an interactive approach to serve professionals seeking advanced knowledge, training, and experience in integrating and coordinating all marketing communications messages and vehicles to build brand image and maximize brand value for commercial and not-for-profit organizations. The program is delivered conveniently online to provide “anytime, anywhere” access to courses and materials in a unique 7.5-week class scheduling format. IMC students learn brand-building, research, analysis, and effective communication skills across IMC functional areas which are appropriate for marketing situations involving corporate, entrepreneurial and non-profit entities. All courses are project-based and heavily applied in nature. Offered through the College of Business, EMU offers the only IMC degree in the world which is accredited by the AASCB - the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - a global marker of quality. Twelve courses are required, culminating with a capstone experience in which students prepare a comprehensive IMC plan for a real-world client. Students completing the program earn a Master of Science degree.
Admission to the IMC program is selective and highly competitive. At a minimum, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete the Graduate School application.
- Hold a U.S. equivalent bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Prior Marketing or IMC-related coursework (such as Advertising, Promotional Strategy, Public Relations, etc.) at the undergraduate or graduate level; or professional experience in marketing or IMC-related area is required. Experience gained from an internship, full or part-time work in IMC -related areas will be considered.
- At least a 2.75 cumulative undergraduate GPA.
- Submit official transcripts from every undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
- Submit a résumé of relevant work experience.
- Submit an IMC application essay (see below).
- Submit two professional letters of recommendation.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting an official score report from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Test System (IELTS) or the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB). Scores must be sent by the testing service directly to the University.
Please note: GRE or GMAT scores are not required for admission into the IMC program. However, if you have taken one of the exams, you may choose to submit scores as they may enhance an applicant’s review.
IMC Application Essay
- Please indicate your view of the role of integrated marketing communications at either your current employer or at any organization of your choice.
- State how you think knowledge gained from the program at Eastern Michigan University will facilitate the accomplishment of the organization’s objectives. The essay should be 300-500 words.
You can apply online or by submitting your printed application, résumé, transcripts, essay and application fee to:
Office of Admissions
Eastern Michigan University
P.O. Box 970 Ypsilanti, MI 48197-7621
Please note: If you apply online you may submit your essay and résumé either by mail to the address above or via e-mail to email@example.com. All undergraduate transcripts should be mailed to the address above.
Online Education for Out-of-State Students
It is great that you are considering Eastern Michigan University for your online degree program. Before you apply, though, it is critical that you make sure you are eligible to enroll in a program based in Michigan. EMU is an approved State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) Participant. That means EMU can enroll students into online programs who live in any SARA member state without seeking additional authorization from that particular state.
Check your eligibility to attend EMU: Is your state a SARA member? If yes, you are eligible to enroll in an EMU–Online program. If your state is not a SARA member, you may still be eligible to enroll at Eastern Michigan University. For more information, please click here.
Marketing, College of Business
Lewis Hershey, Ph.D. | Department Head | 469 Owen | 734.487.3323 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Degree Requirements: 36 hours
Required Courses: 18 hours
Elective Courses: 18 hours
This graduate program is available at an EMU off-campus location or entirely online | Locations