Mar 22, 2018
Required Courses: 18 hours
One course from the following:
Elective Courses: 2-6 hours
Select courses beyond the 100-level in Theatre Arts or in other departmental areas specified under the major.
All minors must have at least six hours of course work at the 300-level or above.
Critical Graduation Information:
To earn a degree, all students must:
- earn a minimum total of 124 credits, excluding credits below the 100-level
- meet the General Education requirements referenced here .
- Earn a minimum of 60 credits, excluding those earned at a community college. (Some articulation agreements waive this requirement. See specific agreement for details.)
- earn a minimum of 30 credits from EMU.
- complete 10 of the last 30 hours for the degree from EMU courses.
- have a minimum of 30 unique credit hours in their major and 20 unique credit hours in their minor for a total of at least 50 unique credit hours between them. Some majors do not require a minor; see above for specific requirements.
- earn a minimum of 9 credits in 300-level or higher courses in their major at EMU.
- earn a minimum of 6 credits in 300-level or higher courses in their minor at EMU. These credits must be earned in courses different from the 300-level courses used for the major.
- have earned a grade of ¨C¨ or better in order to apply transfer credit at EMU.
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in order to graduate. In addition, a minimum GPA of 2.0 must be earned in the major and in the minor. (Note: some programs may require higher GPA.)
General Education Requirements:
For a current detailed listing of requirements, course options and waiver possibilities, please consult the General Education Program listing.
- Area I: Effective Communication (2 courses, 6 credits)
- Area II: Quantitative Reasoning (1 course, 3 credits)
- Area III: Perspectives on Diversity (2 courses, 6 credits)
- Area IV: Knowledge of the Disciplines (8 courses, 25 credits)
- Area V: Learning Beyond the Classroom (Satisfy two of six areas through a combination of experiences and/or courses)
The General Education requirements listed above apply to all students who began their undergraduate program at EMU during or after the Fall 2007 semester. Students who began their undergraduate program at EMU before the Fall 2007 semester may have different general education requirements to fulfill; consult your academic adviser for additional information. Students who transferred to EMU may have different general education requirements based on MACRAO or articulation agreements; consult your academic adviser for additional information.
For more University information please refer to the online catalog at catalog.emich.edu.