Oct 24, 2021
MISSION: Eastern Michigan’s Master in Health Administration Program fosters a supportive, intellectually dynamic, and diverse learning environment. The mission of the MHA Program is to prepare early and mid-level career professionals with necessary skills and knowledge to become effective health service managers in a variety of health settings, such as hospitals, community health centers, group practices, insurance companies, and governmental agencies.
VISION: The MHA Program will be regionally recognized by students, alumni, healthcare leaders and policymakers as a premier program preparing outstanding professionals in health service management.
CORE VALUES: Excellence, Respect, Inclusiveness, Relevance, and Integrity
The following criteria are required for admission into this program
- Meet minimum Graduate School admission requirements;
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university;
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Take GMAT or GRE (The GRE/GMAT will be waived for applicants with an overall undergraduate GPA 3.5 or above);
- Have successfully completed an undergraduate or graduate level descriptive statistics course and an undergraduate or graduate course in principles of accounting (The credits will not apply to the credits required for graduation)
- Have a minimum of two years of professional work experience
In addition to meeting these requirements students will need to submit, as part of the application process an:
- Essay - Tell us in your own words who you really are by responding to the following two questions. Answer each essay question in 500 words or less.
- What matters most to you, and why? - The best examples of answers to this question reflect the process of self-examination that the applicant has undertaken to write them.
- What do you want to do—REALLY—and why EMU? The applicant should use this question to explain their view of their future, not to repeat accomplishments from their past. The applicant should address three distinct topics: Their career aspirations, the role of an MHA education in achieving those aspirations, and their rationale for earning that MHA at EMU, in particular. The best examples of applicant responses to this question express the applicants’ passions or focused interests; explain why they have decided to pursue graduate education in healthcare administration and demonstrates their desire to take advantage of the opportunities that are distinctive to the EMU MHA Program.
The application deadlines are as follows:
- March 30 for Fall Admission
- October 15 for Winter Admission
Applicants who do not meet the minimum standards in one area, but exceed the standard in others, may be considered for admission on a case by cases basis.
International students need to meet the admission criteria as domestic students. In addition, applicants need to take English Language proficiency tests and earn at least an 84 in the TOEFL, with a minimum score of 20 in each section.
Colleen Croxall, Ph.D. | 313 Marshall | 734.487.4096 | email@example.com
Degree Requirements: 40-45 hours
Required Core Courses: 25 hours
Research Courses: 6 hours
Content Specific Electives: 3-6 hours
Culminating Project Courses: 6 hours
Internship (Required for Pre-service students): 0-2 hours