Oct 22, 2018
This is an exciting time to be interested in the field of sport management. New leagues are forming, many colleges are expanding their athletic departments, and the job market is wide open. Job opportunities include high school athletic director, facilities manager, assistant athletic director/operations, marketing and sports information.
EMU’s Sport Management program is designed for students who are interested in athletic administration (high school sports) and sport management in elite level sports (such as collegiate sport).
Upon completion of the Master of Science degree, students will:
- Conduct and utilize research for problem-solving;
- Acquire skills and knowledge necessary to perform in a variety of sport administrative/management roles;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of sport administration;
- Receive preparation for future graduate work at the doctoral level;
- Receive preparation for diverse employment opportunities; and
- Utilize ethics when making decisions concerning professional and personal behaviors.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- Meet Graduate School admission requirements;
- Have attained at least a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average for consideration for full acceptance
- Personal Statement
Brenda Riemer, Ph.D. | 318 Porter | 734.487.0090 | email@example.com
Degree Requirements: 33 hours
Thesis or Exam Option: 9 hours
Select one of the following two options
Option I: Thesis Option
Students choosing Option I take thesis courses to total 3 credit hours, and take an additional 6 credit hours of electives.
- SMGT 690 - Thesis 1 hr
- SMGT 691 - Thesis 2 hrs
- SMGT 692 - Thesis 3 hrs
- Two Elective Courses 6 hrs
Option II: Comprehensive Exam
Students choosing this option will complete the Comprehensive Exam, and 9 credit hours from the list of electives below.
Non-inclusive list of electives to choose from. Other options are possible, with advisor approval.