***At this time, Eastern Michigan University is unauthorized to issue I-20s for this program for international students on an F1 visa. Please continue to check this page to see if this status changes.***
- Meet the minimum graduate school admission requirements
- A GMAT score of 550 or higher or (a GRE quantitative score of 155 or higher and a 310 total GRE score). GMAT and GRE scores can be waived if certain conditions are met. See below for the GMAT and GRE waiver conditions.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Resume submitted with the application.
- Personal statement (250-word maximum) detailing the applicant’s interest in an MSF to be submitted with the application.
- The following table lists the English proficiency test scores required for admission. Students not meeting these minimum requirements will not be admitted. Enrollment in the IEP program is not acceptable due to intensive reading and writing requirements of this program, which begin immediately with the first semester of class.
English Proficiency Test Score Requirements
Complete and submit to the Office of Admissions all required documents and materials. Domestic applicants must order official transcripts from all institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) to be sent directly to EMU. Post-secondary transcripts from a non-U.S. institution must be submitted directly to one of four approved evaluation services for a detailed, course by course report. See International Admission Checklist for additional information. Applicants should allow 2-6 weeks for the evaluation to be completed.
The cohort program begins each fall for students. The following priority deadlines have been established for receipt of all application materials required for admission to the MSF program.
Early Admission Deadline - December 1
After December 1st, applications are accepted on a rolling basis, until all open enrollment positions are assigned
Acceptance to the program will be determined by the MSF faculty.
GMAT and GRE Waiver Policy
GMAT and GRE scores can be waived if a prospective applicant meets any one of the following three categories.
- All finance and accounting undergraduate majors must meet each of the following requirements: A minimum 3.5 overall GPA and a minimum 3.5 upper-division GPA in finance and accounting coursework and graduated from an AACSB-accredited program within the last five years.
- All STEM-related undergraduate majors must meet each of the following requirements: A minimum 3.5 overall GPA and a minimum 3.25 upper-division GPA in STEM-related coursework and graduated from an accredited program within the last five years.
- All STEM-related graduate majors must meet the following requirements: A minimum overall 3.5 GPA and graduated with a STEM-related Masters degree from an accredited program
*Approval of a GMAT or GRE waiver does not guarantee admission. Prospective students must still apply and meet all other admissions requirements.
Domestic students will be admitted under conditional admission with a GMAT score of less than 550 but greater than 500 as long as their GPA is greater than 3.5. Students will have one year to maintain a GPA of greater than 3.25 with no final grades below a B- to be taken off of conditional admission status. Students with a GPA less than 3.25 after the first year or a course grade less than a B- will be removed from the program. MSF Faculty will decide conditional admission, only if there is room in the cohort group. International students will not be conditionally admitted.