Sep 18, 2021
Revised Program [Fall 2021]
The master’s degree in sport management is designed for individuals who are preparing for careers in intercollegiate, amateur, and professional sport. The program is designed to be all-encompassing so that students can prepare for jobs such as ticket sales, facilities management, athletics director, operations manager, marketing, events, media relations, community relations, and analytics.
Upon completion of the Master of Science degree, students will:
- Acquire skills and knowledge necessary to perform in a variety of sport roles;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of sport management;
- Receive preparation for diverse employment opportunities;
- Receive preparation for future graduate work at the doctoral level;
- Utilize ethics when making decisions concerning professional and personal behaviors;
- And utilize research for problem-solving.
Graduate School Application
After reviewing the admission requirements below, please select the appropriate application. The University is transitioning application platforms; pay close attention when selecting the application below.
The program you are applying to may not accept applicants every semester.
For additional information regarding the application process, please see Graduate Admissions or International Admissions.
Minimum Graduate School Requirements
A four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent degree from a non-U.S. institution. In addition, a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale, or 3.0 in the last half of the undergraduate program, is required for full admission. Applicants who do not meet minimum admission requirements may be considered for conditional admission. See International Admissions for international applicant requirements.
Applicants must also meet the following program requirements:
- Have attained at least a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average for consideration for full acceptance.
- Personal Statement -The personal statement should include why the applicant is pursuing a master’s degree in sport management, including the applicant’s background and career goals.
Degree Requirements: 33-36 hours
Track: 12-15 hours
Satisfy one of the following tracks.
Comprehensive Exam Track: 12 hours
This track requires the following courses plus comprehensive exams.