Graduate School Application
After reviewing the admission requirements below, please select the appropriate application. The University is transitioning application platforms; pay close attention when selecting the application below.
The program you are applying to may not accept applicants every semester.
For additional information regarding the application process, please see Graduate Admissions or International Admissions.
Minimum Graduate School Requirements
A four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent degree from a non-U.S. institution. In addition, a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale, or 3.0 in the last half of the undergraduate program, is required for full admission. Applicants who do not meet minimum admission requirements may be considered for conditional admission. See International Admissions for international applicant requirements.
Applicants must also meet the following program requirements:
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have completed undergraduate- or graduate-level courses in descriptive statistics course and principles of accounting (The credits will not apply to the credits required for graduation)
- Have a minimum of two years of professional work experience
In addition to meeting these requirements, students will need to submit, as part of the application process an:
- Essay - Tell us in your own words who you really are by responding to the following two questions. Answer each essay question in 500 words or less.
- What matters most to you, and why? - The best examples of answers to this question reflect the process of self-examination that the applicant has undertaken to write them.
- What do you want to do—REALLY—and why EMU? The applicant should use this question to explain their view of their future, not to repeat accomplishments from their past. The applicant should address three distinct topics: Their career aspirations, the role of an MHA education in achieving those aspirations, and their rationale for earning that MHA at EMU, in particular. The best examples of applicant responses to this question express the applicants’ passions or focused interests; explain why they have decided to pursue graduate education in healthcare administration and demonstrates their desire to take advantage of the opportunities that are distinctive to the EMU MHA Program.
The application deadline for Fall Admission is March 30.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum standards in one area, but exceed the standard in others, may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
International applicants need to meet the admission criteria as domestic applicants. In addition, applicants need to take English Language proficiency tests and earn at least an 84 in the TOEFL, with a minimum score of 20 in each section.
Rodney K McCurdy, Ph.D., MHA, 206A Marshall, 734.487.6630, email@example.com