Feb 27, 2024
This program enables individuals without undergraduate business degrees to gain sufficient knowledge of the entrepreneurial processes. Students will learn how to write a business plan, manage growing ventures, implement innovation within corporations, start and manage social entrepreneurship. Students will also be able to participate in numerous co-curricular entrepreneurship-related activities.
Gainful Employment Information
Applicants must meet the following requirements
- Complete a Graduate Application
- Submit official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities (EMU alums do no need to request official transcripts).
- Have earned a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or an equivalent degree from a non-U.S. institution.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale, or 3.0 in the last half of the undergraduate program.
- Submit a signed “Gainful Employment Statement” with the graduate application.
The GMAT/GRE is not required for the graduate certificate programs.
International Applicants - International applicants must meet the Graduate School’s minimum requirements. See International Admissions for additional information.
International Transcripts - Post-secondary transcripts from a non-U.S. institution must be submitted directly to one of four approved evaluation services for a detailed, course by course report. See International Admission Checklist for additional information. Applicants should allow 2-6 weeks for the evaluation to be completed.
Transfer Credit - A maximum of three graduate credit hours may be transferred to a College of Business graduate certificate in an area of specialization. Please view the course description for required prerequisite.
Online Education for Out-of-State Students
It is great that you are considering Eastern Michigan University for your online degree program. Before you apply, though, it is critical that you make sure you are eligible to enroll in a program based in Michigan. EMU is an approved State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) Participant. That means EMU can enroll students into online programs who live in any SARA member state without seeking additional authorization from that particular state.
Check your eligibility to attend EMU: Is your state a SARA member? If yes, you are eligible to enroll in an EMU–Online program. If your state is not a SARA member, you may still be eligible to enroll at Eastern Michigan University. For more information, please click here.
Degree Requirements: 15 hours